- BORN-Oct. 11, 1949, Oakland, CA
- Started playing in 1968. Influences: The Ventures, Dick Dale, Jeff Beck, The Beatles, Leo Kottke
- Greg's "acid-rock" band, Country Weather, shared the stage at the Fillmore & Avalon Ballrooms with Sly & the Family Stone, Ten Years After, Jeff Beck Band, Santana, and many others. (They were booked by Bill Graham's Millard Agency.) As Greg's reputation as a guitarist grew, he went out on his first tour with
- VAN MORRISON, singer for Them and writer of "Gloria", "Brown Eyed Girl", "Wild Nights", "Domino", and many more masterpieces. When Van took a hiatus, Greg toured with
- HOT TUNA, the spin-off band from the Jefferson Airplane featuring guitarist Jorma Kaukonen & bassist Jack Cassidy. When Greg & Hot Tuna parted company, he was asked to join
- THE STEVE MILLER BAND. Greg had co-written the song "Jungle Love" with MIller bassist Lonnie Turner. The song was a smash hit and Greg stayed with Steve for four years, touring, recording, earning 5 platinum albums designating sales of 12 million units and a BMI award for over one million radio & television performances of "Jungle Love". (That's Lennon/McCartney territory!) When Steve took a break, Greg went to Europe to play "electric bluegrass" with
- PETER ROWAN. Peter was a great bluegrass player who wanted to experiment in other areas. When that tour was over, Greg got a call to join
- THE GREG KIHN BAND. The first song he recorded with them was "Jeopardy", which became a number one single on both the pop and black/dance charts. The video to the song was one of the first MTV videos. Again, Greg toured and recorded for four years with the Kihn band.
- TOM JOHNSTON (the lead singer for the Doobie Brothers),
- EDDIE MONEY (Greg co-wrote and played guitar on "Trinidad" from Eddie's "Playing for Keeps" album, and
- TOM FOGERTY (a member of Creedence Clearwater Revival)
- Greg moved to San Diego in 1992. He lives with his lovely wife Jeri in a gorgeous home overlooking Lake Hodges in the Escondido area. Although The Greg Douglass Band is his #1 priority, Greg is also one of the most popular guitar instructors in San Diego (see the "Store" page or contact Dusty's Guitar in Oceanside at (760)757-6209) and occasionally spends time working with:
- THE FORMER MEMBERS, a group consisting of members of Country Joe & the Fish and the Blues Project. They spend several weeks in Europe every year.
- THE MONSTERS OF CLASSIC ROCK, a band put together for large corporate events. Members have included Chris Slade (drums,AC/DC, The Firm), Simon Wright (drums, also AC/DC), Mario Cippolina (bassist for Huey Lewis), Rick Derringer (guitarist for The McCoys and Edgar Winter), Carmine Appice (drummer for Vanilla Fudge and Rod Stewart), Carmine Rojas (bassist for David Bowie and Rod Stewart, and....you get the picture.)
- DEVA PREMAL Deva Premal and her partner, Miten, are the number one selling meditation group in the world, having sold over one million CDs in this very specialized market. Greg guests with the band when they play on the west coast.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (760) 212-3648 OR (760) 415-0625